Sunday 30 December 2012

Inspirations from London 2012

As 2012 comes to an end, I'd like to reflect on the amazing amount of sport it's housed and witnessed in the UK. It's been named 'the greatest year in the history of British sport', with a focus on the Olympics in London this summer. This success was recently celebrated at the BBC's Sports Personality Of The Year Awards (SPOTY). It was Bradley Wiggins who won this title, being the first Briton to win the Tour de France and then claim Olympic gold.

It is awards and triumphs such as these that have inspired many in the UK to try out new sports or revisit ones they left behind years ago. Including myself. Following on from my last post, I'm itching to tell you about my rowing taster day with City of Cambridge Rowing Club in November. But before I do, I'd like to share a few memories and highlights from my time at the Paralympics in September:

We're here!


Paralympic athletics

Aled Davies wins gold medal in the discus

Me and Chris

Goalball - Japan v Australia
Experiencing goalball for the first time

Wheelchair basketball - Poland v Germany
Supporting my homeland team - Poland
Lovely end to the day

No comments:

Post a Comment